Hyper 212 led (160mm) inside a cabinet with 158mm clearance?

Mar 5, 2018
I need a CPU cooler urgently in the next few hours. I have a "cooler master elite 311 plus" cabinet. It's specs suggest 158 mm height for CPU cooler.

Offine shop has hyper 212 led in stock, which is 160 mm in height.

For 212x (158mm) I will have to wait 3 days.

Now my question is, will 212 led (160mm) fit my cabinet (158mm)? The copper pins might touch the plastic transparent window of the side panel which is flexible. Is that going to be harmful for CPU sink? Or should I wait for 212x to arrive?

Note - Those 2 fans are my only option. So please don't recommend any other cooler.

Solution
I'd recommend waiting. CPU coolers already put a fair amount of stress on the motherboard. That's not a huge, heavy one you're using, but still, with the addition of the side panel pushing the cooler harder into the CPU/motherboard, it could damage things.
I'd recommend waiting. CPU coolers already put a fair amount of stress on the motherboard. That's not a huge, heavy one you're using, but still, with the addition of the side panel pushing the cooler harder into the CPU/motherboard, it could damage things.

Solution
Mar 5, 2018

Thats what I am concerned about. I thought as it's the plastic window panel it might flex easily than the full metal panel.

Your statement makes sense though, as I am not sure how much pressure it might put on motherboard.