Hyper 212 temps concern

Hugo Orlando

Reputable
May 22, 2016
Hello, yesterday i installed the hyper 212 evo on my i7 4790k with an z97m plus and playing csgo ultra the max temp that i have had is 63 degrees celsius. In prime95 26.6 at small FFTS it got 71 degrees celsius at max.All of this with stock clock. Is it right? I also have to say that i have asus ai suite installed and when idle cpu temp is 30-32. Is it normal that my i7 4790k when running stress test like prime95 the speed only reaches 4.16ghz? But when idle it is at 4.32.

Solution
Yes those are very good and safe temperatures. The i7 4790k has a max temperature of around 100c before it begins throttling, so as long as its under 80 under full load it can be considered more than safe temps. Idle temps of high 20s and low 30s are also very good.
Especially since you were using a synthetic benchmark (prime95) and in reality your temps will never reach that high.
Your clock speed varying between idle and load is also normal, its built in to allow best performance while at the same time keeping temps cool and saving power.\
You have nothing to worry about. These are good temps.

Hope this helps, good luck.

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Yes those are very good and safe temperatures. The i7 4790k has a max temperature of around 100c before it begins throttling, so as long as its under 80 under full load it can be considered more than safe temps. Idle temps of high 20s and low 30s are also very good.
Especially since you were using a synthetic benchmark (prime95) and in reality your temps will never reach that high.
Your clock speed varying between idle and load is also normal, its built in to allow best performance while at the same time keeping temps cool and saving power.\
You have nothing to worry about. These are good temps.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Solution