Hyper SLI would it be ok for z87k ?

Cube_1

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
I had another thread but i cant remember it so i decided to put up new one. So, i just bought my friend i5-4670k with z87k and had a thought of updating gpu at the same time ( still running my old trusty fx-6300 with ga970-ud3p ),but for what i know the motherboard doesnt accept SLI ( i have gtx 960 4gb strix edition ) and i remembered this thread about hypersli or something like that (mod that would allow SLI) and had a thought would it be ok to put 2x gtx960, but the mobo has 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode, yellow) ,1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, dark brown) and im not 100% is it worth it and is the other pcie slot 16x or 4x ???? cause in mobo its 16 with pcie 2.0 and im litle confused about that ? I have understood that 4x wouldnt take more than 25% of the full power and i could get used gtx960 for around 100€ so it would affordable for me if it works. Also i could test the hypersli etc with my friends card before buying another one.

Solution
They are recommending selling the existing 960, and THEN getting a better card, for a net investment of $100 MORE dollars. (Realistically, you'd want a 1060 at least to see a noticeable difference, and few of those are available for sub $300, IMO....)
SLi runs on 16x or 8x, it will not work on 4x. The time effort and money spent on another 960 is not worth it. The days of sli and CF are going away, many new games are not being coded for it anymore or if they do is very piss poor. Even if you were to get SLI to work somehow you wouldnt get the full effect as true sli, and if a game doesnt support it then your still stuck with a single 960.

Cube_1

Reputable
Dec 18, 2016
Reason that im looking for sli etc is because i wouldnt want to put that 200 more to my pc atm. Since i have project car, IT WILL take much more money than my pc and money isnt free atleast for myself and also why would people still buy 1080ti in SLI if its dead.... also adding that hypersli seems to be dead so im kinda cornered atm with this subject.

They are recommending selling the existing 960, and THEN getting a better card, for a net investment of $100 MORE dollars. (Realistically, you'd want a 1060 at least to see a noticeable difference, and few of those are available for sub $300, IMO....)

Solution