[SOLVED] Hyper-v client using more CPU

jraymond4321

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2013
Hello,

I've been using Hyper-v on my windows 10 desktop (AMD 8300/16GB/64bit Win10) for several years. I had a Win 7 client allocated 2048MB memory.

I typically use it to download programs and to check them before I load them onto the host. So it is not typically really running anything. Hyper-v manager would usually show it using 1% of CPU unless I was doing something. I typically leave it running.

I've now updated that client to Win 10, and the CPU usage is sitting at 11% when doing nothing.

Is this to be expected when upgrading a Win 7 client to Win 10?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello

Many people have experienced issues after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10. That's why most of the experienced users recommend to perform a fresh install of Windows 10 to use the operating system flawlessly.

However, before erasing everything, you can always try the Disk Cleanup method to Remove Windows.old Folder that is created automatically when you upgrade to a new version of the operating system.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: Just in case, if you use Hyper-V merely for testing purpose, you can try Windows 10's new feature called Windows Sandbox and see if it saves you some time.

Cheers!!
Hello

Many people have experienced issues after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10. That's why most of the experienced users recommend to perform a fresh install of Windows 10 to use the operating system flawlessly.

However, before erasing everything, you can always try the Disk Cleanup method to Remove Windows.old Folder that is created automatically when you upgrade to a new version of the operating system.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: Just in case, if you use Hyper-V merely for testing purpose, you can try Windows 10's new feature called Windows Sandbox and see if it saves you some time.

Cheers!!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS