[SOLVED] Hyper212 EVO AM4 Kit or DEEPCOOL GAMMAX 400 cpu cooler

glenmichael8

Commendable
Nov 23, 2017
I was thinking about whether or not it would be worth it to just buy another cpu cooler for $18 like the GAMMAX 400, but I already have a 212 EVO that I got in 2013. Alas, it doesn't have the necessary AM4 compatibility which I need for my CPU, but I can purchase the RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1 am4 upgrade kit for $9 on ebay. Note that this model orients the cooler to blow air vertically as in towards the GPU. My understanding is that the gammax 400 cools just as well as the 212 evo, but I have seen differing results on this, some saying its better, others saying it's very slightly worse. Considering all of that, should I just buy a new compatible cooler for $18, or save $9 and get the upgrade kit? Oh and if anyone knows if you can get the upgrade kit for free from coolermaster (especially the other newer model that orients it away from the GPU.) let me know because I have not been able to easily get in contact with them because their support tickets are broken or under some kind of extended maintenance.

Solution
The 400 is significantly better than the 212 not a ton but definitely better and I believe you'll have more mounting options for it.