[SOLVED] Hyper212

Jul 7, 2020
Is redragon ironhide gaming chassis gc-801 capable with coolermaster hyper212 led terbo???
I want to buy this casing.
Cun some body help me

Solution
If any case has poor airflow, you can spend as much money as you want on cooling, and it won't work.

A CPU cooler inside a very poorly ventilated chassis is nothing more than a convection oven.

Hot air has to go somewhere....and that somewhere is out of the case, quickly.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Mind telling me why you think investing in a case with a closed front is a good idea at all for your airflow?

That cooler will be suffocated.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If any case has poor airflow, you can spend as much money as you want on cooling, and it won't work.

A CPU cooler inside a very poorly ventilated chassis is nothing more than a convection oven.

Hot air has to go somewhere....and that somewhere is out of the case, quickly.

Solution

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
I can tell you something.

This case has no dimensions specified in any website (speaking about CPU dimensions).

I cannot tell you if it will fit, but I can tell you that this PC will be hot like Africa after 1 hour of use.

I found a review:
It says max cooler height 165mm so you are ok with the hyper212 @158mm.

It is not clear to me, but the 4 front fans should be drawing in air through some sort of hidden openings.
Hidden openings are not as efficient as direct front mesh intakes.
That is the price you pay for "bling" and quiet.
If those vents are sufficiently large, you will be ok.
Will you have a hot cpu and graphics card inside?

Jul 7, 2020
I found a review:
It says max cooler height 165mm so you are ok with the hyper212 @158mm.

It is not clear to me, but the 4 front fans should be drawing in air through some sort of hidden openings.
Hidden openings are not as efficient as direct front mesh intakes.
That is the price you pay for "bling" and quiet.
If those vents are sufficiently large, you will be ok.
Will you have a hot cpu and graphics card inside?
Yes i have sandy bridge 2600k. And its temp was 60 or above with stock cooler so changed with hyper 212. And recently i got gigabyte rx 5500 xt. My current case is a small even i can't close its left panel. Any suggestions for a better case large and have a good airflow and also look.
Thanks for your help.