Hyperthreading and Windows 2000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kemche

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2001
Hi Black_Cat,

I agree with Eden here. If you look at Intel's documentation on Hyperthreading they will only list Windows XP versions of OS for it's support. You may be able to run windows 2000 on the P4 with HT, but I think you wouldn't get the full potential of HT without Windows XP. Also Windows XP has some SSE2 optimization which will enable some more preformance boost. So it would be best for you to make the jump right now. Sooner better then later.

KG

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity." - Sarah Chambers

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
I have more audio codecs than music files. See what kind of music enthusiast I am. I keep few music files for experimenting with various audio codecs. I barely listen to music.

Actually I am a compression enthusiast. I like to compress everying to hell to save disk space. I built this habit in the days when I had only a 13 gig HD and lots of things to store in HD. Now I have added a 40 gig HD, but I still have this old habit.

What Audio Compression Technology you use for storing music? <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25137#25137" target="_new"> Tell Here</A>