[SOLVED] HyperV (getting rid of it)

korat2000

Honorable
Dec 23, 2015
Just lately when I boot I get a screen with 2 options . …. Windows 10 or Without HyperV . Whatever I choose - it doesn't make any difference - the option HyperV is NOT activated in Windws features = which is ok except for the fact that programs ( like Android simulators ) report for some reason that HyperV is enabled even though it is not checked in Windows Features. Is there any way I can revert t my "normal" boot routine and get rid of the HyperV element?

Thanks

Korat

Solution
just a question, have you changed anything in Defender? I don't normally see any questions about Hyper V and yours is 2nd this week. Other person have excessive memory use.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

can you show me a screenshot of the message as I can't find any other results. Upload to an image sharing website and show link here)
Have...

Colif

Win 11 Master
just a question, have you changed anything in Defender? I don't normally see any questions about Hyper V and yours is 2nd this week. Other person have excessive memory use.

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

can you show me a screenshot of the message as I can't find any other results. Upload to an image sharing website and show link here)
Have you run AV scans to make sure its not malware?

Solution