[SOLVED] HyperX Alloy Mechanical Keyboard Registering Multiple Keys When Only Pressing 1

Oct 14, 2018
Hi all,

Recently, my keyboard has started playing up and I am thinking that it is giving way but thought I'd give this forum a shot before I call it quits.

Effectively what is happening is - most keys will register fine and output what I want but the keys that are becoming faulty that I have found so far is that the E, D and the C keys all register multiple keys being pressed when I am only pressing one of them at a time. On the pc itself, E will bring up the magnifer tool, D will turn the volume down and not sure what C does but it does register multiple key strokes. I have attempt to clean under the keys - hence why the keys are took off in the attached video - which has no luck as it is still providing the same output.

To make it clear for the video - I have turned the keyboard lights on to the mode where the lights only appear when the keyboard registers a keystroke on that key. This is to help you judge what is happening when I am typing.

I believe that it is the keyboard itself rather than software related issue as I have tried other keyboards with my computer and they all work fine apart from the HyperX keyboard in question.

Thanks for anyone that looks and helps :)

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlRjkSOTZg"][/video]

Solution
If the same keyboard on another system with the same OS you're on is exhibiting the same issue of multiple keystrokes when only tapping one of the three affected keys, then it's a hardware/manufacturing defect(provided you didn't spill any drink/liquid onto the keyboard causing a minor issue with the PCB's trace) which would mean you should [strike]RAM[/strike] RMA (provided you're under warranty or the keyboard is recently purchased and came out of the box that way).

Lutfij

Titan
If the same keyboard on another system with the same OS you're on is exhibiting the same issue of multiple keystrokes when only tapping one of the three affected keys, then it's a hardware/manufacturing defect(provided you didn't spill any drink/liquid onto the keyboard causing a minor issue with the PCB's trace) which would mean you should [strike]RAM[/strike] RMA (provided you're under warranty or the keyboard is recently purchased and came out of the box that way).

Solution