[SOLVED] HyperX Cloud Alpha Mic Too Low + Static

RubensRibeiro

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
Hello everyone how u doing? Hope fine!

So, my problem is like the title says, but I will explain a bit more. So I own HyperX Cloud Alphas for about 5/6 months and I got them because I was looking for a clean and awesome HeadSet, the Audio is good, BUT, when it comes to the mic, since the first day I got disapointed.

The mic is too low, even if I put him on 100 volume +10Db is quite low, but when I boost him (even only +10db) it gets annoying statics.
And this is starting to get me more and more "angry" because I never got luck with mics, they always had static, my former HeadSet was Logitech G230.

So I dont know what I can do to improve this, I see people on Twitch using same mic and their mic os clean, without static, and doesnt seem to have boost (cus u can always notice) and some of them I ask about the mic and they say its Vanilla without any filter is OBS.

Other thing, when I use OBS to stream I need to boost like 15/20 dB. Otherwise the mic doesnt even gets closer to the yellow section.
If I conect mic to PS4 or cellphone the mic doesnt have static. But its still quite low.

Anyone have a help? Im going crazy right here.

PS: Why only post now? Well because I simple ignore the fact my friends in Discord say I sound bad, and now that I usually stream some people get to my stream and say something like this "hey good content, good stream, ur audio sucks" that kinda hurts.

Solution
Static is audio is most often a grounding or cable issue. What are you connecting it to? Did you test the headset on other systems? Since you have had this issue with other headset(s), I would try another sound card. Try a Creative Sound BlasterX G1 or Creative Sound Blaster E1.
Static is audio is most often a grounding or cable issue. What are you connecting it to? Did you test the headset on other systems? Since you have had this issue with other headset(s), I would try another sound card. Try a Creative Sound BlasterX G1 or Creative Sound Blaster E1.

Solution