Question HyperX Cloud Alpha on my gaming laptop is not recognized as seperate headset

May 2, 2019
So I currently have an acer aspire v15 nitro black edition gaming laptop, where I am trying to use my HyperX Cloud Alphas on. When plugged in, the laptop doesnt recognize the headset as a seperate headset but as my realtek audio and mic. This did not use to be a problem with my razer kraken headset which was a usb input. Is there anyway to fix this, to allow my laptop to recognise the headset seperately?

Hello

Can you please confirm if you already tried this:

* Right-click the Speaker icon from the Notification Area

* Click Sounds

* Go to the Playback tab

* Select your headphone

* Click Set Default

* Get to the Recording tab

* Select your headphone (or the microphone it has, if that's in the list instead of the headphone itself)

* Click Set Default

* Click OK and see if the issue is fixed

If the problem persists, type Find and fix audio playback problems, press Enter, and follow the on-screen instructions from the to troubleshoot the audio issue.

If the headphone is still not recognized, you can go to Device Manager, right-click your computer name from the top, and click Scan for hardware changes to allow Windows to automatically detect and install the required driver of any new hardware device.

Cheers!!

TRENDING THREADS