Question HyperX Cloud Alpha on my gaming laptop is not recognized as seperate headset

May 2, 2019
So I currently have an acer aspire v15 nitro black edition gaming laptop, where I am trying to use my HyperX Cloud Alphas on. When plugged in, the laptop doesnt recognize the headset as a seperate headset but as my realtek audio and mic. This did not use to be a problem with my razer kraken headset which was a usb input. Is there anyway to fix this, to allow my laptop to recognise the headset seperately?

Hello

Can you please confirm if you already tried this:

* Right-click the Speaker icon from the Notification Area

* Click Sounds

* Go to the Playback tab

* Select your headphone

* Click Set Default

* Get to the Recording tab

* Select your headphone (or the microphone it has, if that's in the list instead of the headphone itself)

* Click Set Default

* Click OK and see if the issue is fixed

If the problem persists, type Find and fix audio playback problems, press Enter, and follow the on-screen instructions from the to troubleshoot the audio issue.

If the headphone is still not recognized, you can go to Device Manager, right-click your computer name from the top, and click Scan for hardware changes to allow Windows to automatically detect and install the required driver of any new hardware device.

Cheers!!