[SOLVED] Hyperx Cloud Alpha or Coolermaster MH751?

SeaDoges

Reputable
Apr 3, 2016
I am looking for one of these two currently. I need a good headset for under $100 that fits my needs. Good mic, durable, comfortable, and good sound. I have decided on these 2, but the headset prices right now are wacky. I can get the Hyperx Cloud Alpha for $80 USD and the MH751 for $90 USD. Is it worth getting the MH751 at the price of $90 USD? It is usually cheaper. I am conflicted on which one to get, and I do not want to go over $100. I need some suggestions. Thanks.

Solution
I own both currently, I like the MH751 for everything except the low end for boomy music, that I like the HyperX Alphas better for. I have been using Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow for comparing headphones along with other things, and in that type of music the Alphas are more fun to listen to. The MH751 are more comfortable, have a cleaner more even sound, closer to a reference type neutral headphone than something made for excitement that can hide some details in audio. If you like more low end and are OK with losing some detail and a bit muddier sound, then Alphas are good. I can wear the MH751 for longer without my ears getting sweaty or headset feeling heavy, on the other hand the Alphas have more isolation from outside noise and...
I own both currently, I like the MH751 for everything except the low end for boomy music, that I like the HyperX Alphas better for. I have been using Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow for comparing headphones along with other things, and in that type of music the Alphas are more fun to listen to. The MH751 are more comfortable, have a cleaner more even sound, closer to a reference type neutral headphone than something made for excitement that can hide some details in audio. If you like more low end and are OK with losing some detail and a bit muddier sound, then Alphas are good. I can wear the MH751 for longer without my ears getting sweaty or headset feeling heavy, on the other hand the Alphas have more isolation from outside noise and they have a more interesting design look if that is important to you at all.

Either is a good pick, and with audio and most things that are based on opinion, you can't really pick a winner without trying out many things. I swap between my headphones often, and pretty much never have to put them aside because I don't like them, I just get in the habit of using a set for a few days or a week, then swap to another (I have 7 over ear sets total but 3 of those are used by others in the family, and 2 in ear sets that I also use sometimes for gaming, especially when traveling with my laptop).

In other words, as long as there are good reviews for the set, don't worry too much about picking the "wrong" one, it will be good in some way and if you don't have the means to try out a bunch of them you are still fine with using what you get.

Last edited:
Solution

SeaDoges

Reputable
Apr 3, 2016
I own both currently, I like the MH751 for everything except the low end for boomy music, that I like the HyperX Alphas better for. I have been using Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow for comparing headphones along with other things, and in that type of music the Alphas are more fun to listen to. The MH751 are more comfortable, have a cleaner more even sound, closer to a reference type neutral headphone than something made for excitement that can hide some details in audio. If you like more low end and are OK with losing some detail and a bit muddier sound, then Alphas are good. I can wear the MH751 for longer without my ears getting sweaty or headset feeling heavy, on the other hand the Alphas have more isolation from outside noise and they have a more interesting design look if that is important to you at all.

Either is a good pick, and with audio and most things that are based on opinion, you can't really pick a winner without trying out many things. I swap between my headphones often, and pretty much never have to put them aside because I don't like them, I just get in the habit of using a set for a few days or a week, then swap to another (I have 7 over ear sets total but 3 of those are used by others in the family, and 2 in ear sets that I also use sometimes for gaming, especially when traveling with my laptop).

In other words, as long as there are good reviews for the set, don't worry too much about picking the "wrong" one, it will be good in some way and if you don't have the means to try out a bunch of them you are still fine with using what you get.
I know they are decent headsets, but for the price, which one is more worth it? The audio quality doesn't bother me as much as the build and mic quality or comfort.