News HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset Drops to New Low

Still can't get my Cloud Alpha mic to work. RMA'd the first kit, but the second one has the same issue. Seems there's an ENORMOUS amount of impedance on the mic when connected to the cans, or using the Y splitter cable (the chord is a single jack combo, the splitter divides the speakers & mic into separate plugs). The mic works fine if I plug it directly into the mic plug on my machines (and not to the headphones) front panel or back panel, doesn't matter. Apparently this is a fairly common issue with no solution that I've found.

Maybe they've fixed it in successive models.....maybe not.

namtrooper81

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2012
Still can't get my Cloud Alpha mic to work. RMA'd the first kit, but the second one has the same issue. Seems there's an ENORMOUS amount of impedance on the mic when connected to the cans, or using the Y splitter cable (the chord is a single jack combo, the splitter divides the speakers & mic into separate plugs). The mic works fine if I plug it directly into the mic plug on my machines (and not to the headphones) front panel or back panel, doesn't matter. Apparently this is a fairly common issue with no solution that I've found.

Maybe they've fixed it in successive models.....maybe not.
I own the original cloud flights and they are fantastic. Sorry to hear of your issue. Seems like a serious reason not to buy.