Review HyperX Cloud Revolver + 7.1 Review: Majestic Music Listening at a Price

tharkis842

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Little confused about only a 3 star rating, even though the build quality and audio quality are top notch, especially at this price point. One would think a 4 star would be warranted. Usually can find these on sale for ~120. Personally, I find the 7.1 dac included to be sub-par. You can also use ATMOS for Headphones which really shines through on this headset. On the E.Q. side of things, pretty much every media player has a built in software E.Q. which kind of negates that negative point, which honestly makes it seem like you guys are reaching. Logitech's offerings often times lack the lower end to support their over emphasized high/mids, and they tend to lack any sense of depth/sound stage. The Arctis line do have a fairly flat audio signiture, they also lack any personality and sound stage. It's pretty hard to get this much from a set that doesn't cost 2-3 times as much. Mind you, I havn't tried every headset/headphone out there, but I have tried many, and while the Revolver isn't my favorite, it's one of the better headsets out there, and even a pretty good headphone.