HyperX Cloud vs GameCom 780s

Nick Brooks

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
I've asked a few questions about headsets already, especially the HyperX.
But, I truly am stuck between these two headsets.
With the HyperX Cloud, could you pinpoint where enemies or anything else is coming from?
I know you can with the 780s because of the surround sound, but I would much rather prefer the HyperX if you could pinpoint where enemies are coming from.

Solution
I personally don't have a problem with being able to find the direction of the enemies with my HyperX Cloud. There is still the change in which speaker the enemies noise's come from and how loud. For instance, if they are behind you to the right, the sound will be coming from the right speaker at volume that you can easily interpret from coming from behind.

hjj174

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I personally don't have a problem with being able to find the direction of the enemies with my HyperX Cloud. There is still the change in which speaker the enemies noise's come from and how loud. For instance, if they are behind you to the right, the sound will be coming from the right speaker at volume that you can easily interpret from coming from behind.

Solution

Killmeplsok

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
Yes you can, especially if you have a sound card, most sound card nowadays have some kind of 3D sound emulation emulated so it wouldn't be a big problem. If you could get a surround software, there is totally no need for a 7.1 cans.

The plantronic is still a little cheaper though, and if you don't listen to music or don't care about audio quality for those, go for it. It's probably better for the price for pure gaming.