[SOLVED] HyperX DDR4 3200 Fury or Predator?

FullMetalAlchemist

Honorable
Mar 25, 2019
I have been suggested to buy some DDR4 3200 to go with the new MODO/CPU i am going to buy: asus strix Z390+I9-9900K

Online many people talk about the g.skill tridentZ, but I currently have some hyperX DDR3 that I found really good, so i wanted to go for the same brand:

But now i am unsure if go for the DDR4 Fury or the Predator? X2 8Gb

What would you suggest?

Solution
Unless you are going to overclock the ram beyond its rated spec, it just doesn't matter. DDR4 3200/CAS 16 will perform with a margin of error regardless of vendor. Intel is impacted even less by this than AMD. Get whatever you are comfortable with and costs the least.

Trident is for OCing and for those individuals that are inexplicably wowed by RGB.
Unless you are going to overclock the ram beyond its rated spec, it just doesn't matter. DDR4 3200/CAS 16 will perform with a margin of error regardless of vendor. Intel is impacted even less by this than AMD. Get whatever you are comfortable with and costs the least.

Trident is for OCing and for those individuals that are inexplicably wowed by RGB.

Solution

FullMetalAlchemist

Honorable
Mar 25, 2019

Sorry, another questions...i just noticed that the fury are plug and play and the predator are not...what does it mean?

FullMetalAlchemist

Honorable
Mar 25, 2019
Which predators? These say they are and as far as I know all RAM just need XMP set in bios to hit its rated timing:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB7G59782&Description=kingston hyperx predator&cm_re=kingston_hyperx_predator--20-104-704--Product

I know it is strange, but i was looking at the hyperX comparision chart on their website and the predator (normal and rgb) are not plug n play?https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/memory/predator-ddr4

Also, is there any difference in buying X2 8gb or X4 4gb? other than using all the slots in the second case?

Aug 22, 2019
i and actually other people who have tested it find that using all 4 slots instead of just the 2 actually dose give your slight performance increases, but when your talking 2 x 8gb or 4 x 4gb always go 2 x 8gb because then you can always put in another 2x 8gb too get 32gb of ram which is what i have os the gskill trident z rgb and love every second of it and it overclocked just as high and as well with 4 and it did with two sticks i tried multiple times too go higher with just the two...soo too answer your question go with the 2x 8gb for fur upgradability otherwise if you go 4x 4gb youll have too completely waste sticks of ram and money.