[SOLVED] hyperX fury 16gb

Feb 22, 2020
hello i recently bought this ram and i just realised it says (intel XMP certified)
my motherboard is gigabyte (b450m ds3h)
and my CPU is ryzen 5 2600
will this ram work on my MB ?

Solution
Those sticks show as being compatible for 3rd Gen Ryzen on the AMD website but say nothing regarding compatibility with 2nd Gen Ryzen. They don't say one way or the other on the Kingston website and the timings are conducive to compatibility with Ryzen, so they will PROBABLY be ok. You will of course need to set the XMP or A-XMP profile in your motherboard's BIOS settings in order for them to run at 3200mhz and at the profile timings. Keep in mind though, just because they SHOULD work, doesn't always mean they will.

In this case, I'd try them at least. If they fail to be compatible with your CPU and motherboard you can always return them at that point.
Probably, but it depends on the timings and a few other factors. Memory is just memory, but some times compatibility is less than guaranteed even if it is the right KIND of memory, such as DDR4, etc. I'll verify for you but I'll need the exact model of the memory kit you purchased.

Can you return it? You don't want that. That is a single module. You want a two stick memory kit otherwise you are leaving the added performance of dual channel operation, which doubles the memory bandwidth, on the table.

And, if you have purchased a single stick with the intention of ordering a second one later, that is a poor proposition as well because (Especially with higher speed memory, but with all memory in general) there is no guarantee that even if you buy the exact same memory module later you will actually be getting "the exact same memory module". Or that it will be "same" enough that it will play nice with your existing stick.

See this for more on that:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/amd-ram-compatibility.3210050/#post-19785792

I would recommend returning it, and then ordering a 2 x8GB kit if you are looking to run 16GB of memory. I would also recommend sticking to G.Skill or Corsair. I don't have a lot of confidence in Kingston when it comes to compatibility on the Ryzen platform. I've seen an unusually high number of people have problems on Ryzen with Kingston/HyperX memory kits. Certainly they can work, but I believe Corsair and G.Skill are a much safer bet especially if you use the Corsair memory finder or G.Skill memory configurator tools to ensure you are getting memory that is validated as compatible with your motherboard.

Feb 22, 2020
Can you return it? You don't want that. That is a single module. You want a two stick memory kit otherwise you are leaving the added performance of dual channel operation, which doubles the memory bandwidth, on the table.

And, if you have purchased a single stick with the intention of ordering a second one later, that is a poor proposition as well because (Especially with higher speed memory, but with all memory in general) there is no guarantee that even if you buy the exact same memory module later you will actually be getting "the exact same memory module". Or that it will be "same" enough that it will play nice with your existing stick.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/amd-ram-compatibility.3210050/#post-19785792

I would recommend returning it, and then ordering a 2 x8GB kit if you are looking to run 16GB of memory. I would also recommend sticking to G.Skill or Corsair. I don't have a lot of confidence in Kingston when it comes to compatibility on the Ryzen platform. I've seen an unusually high number of people have problems on Ryzen with Kingston/HyperX memory kits. Certainly they can work, but I believe Corsair and G.Skill are a much safer bet especially if you use the Corsair memory finder or G.Skill memory configurator tools to ensure you are getting memory that is validated as compatible with your motherboard.
i can return it, but its literally 2 x8gb kit

Feb 22, 2020

http://imguh.com/image/65sCK
here i just took a photo of it

Then you linked to the wrong kit, and need to link to the right kit, because the link you posted is to a single DIMM kit. I need to know the EXACT part number of the memory kit in order to determine whether it is compatible or not. Or actually, more accurately, whether it is PROBABLY compatible or not, since Kingston Hyper X doesn't offer the same sort of online utility for determining compatibility with specific motherboards like Corsair and G.Skill do. There are still some ways to mostly determine if a kit is going to work or not though. But an accurate model number is essential.

And there is no model number showing in your pic.

Feb 22, 2020
Then you linked to the wrong kit, and need to link to the right kit, because the link you posted is to a single DIMM kit. I need to know the EXACT part number of the memory kit in order to determine whether it is compatible or not. Or actually, more accurately, whether it is PROBABLY compatible or not, since Kingston Hyper X doesn't offer the same sort of online utility for determining compatibility with specific motherboards like Corsair and G.Skill do. There are still some ways to mostly determine if a kit is going to work or not though. But an accurate model number is essential.

i clicked the link i sent you it says
  • 16GB kit (2 x 8GB)
    click the second photo it shows 2 stick memory kit

Feb 22, 2020

Item model number : HX432C16FB3K2/16

Those sticks show as being compatible for 3rd Gen Ryzen on the AMD website but say nothing regarding compatibility with 2nd Gen Ryzen. They don't say one way or the other on the Kingston website and the timings are conducive to compatibility with Ryzen, so they will PROBABLY be ok. You will of course need to set the XMP or A-XMP profile in your motherboard's BIOS settings in order for them to run at 3200mhz and at the profile timings. Keep in mind though, just because they SHOULD work, doesn't always mean they will.

In this case, I'd try them at least. If they fail to be compatible with your CPU and motherboard you can always return them at that point.

Solution
Feb 22, 2020

alright man thanks alot for answering, you helped alot!!cheers

TRENDING THREADS