I’d like a recommendation and a few opinions on my setup, if that’s okay.

Sep 1, 2018
Hey, quite a while ago I bought a PC from someone on EBay who I have since lost contact with it’s an iBUYPOWER BB903. Here are the specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-6402P 2.8GHz - 3.4GHz Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 960 4GB System Memory (RAM): 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB 7200RPM & 120GB Solid State Drive Ethernet: Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000Mbps Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
I’ve always had performance issues whilst playing games and was wondering if I could get a recommendation on what I could improve.
Any suggestion will help, as money isn’t of concern right now. I just want to know the problem factors and recommendations of certain things that I could install/replace to help.

Edit: I apologize, I should have been more specific on “performance issues” when I say that, I mean slow actions, FPS drops and unable to handle the playing of games like Fallout 4 and GTA 5. And by that, I mean I just plain cannot open them. They instantly crash everytime I attempt to launch them. While playing PUBG and Fortnite textures are very grainy and unimprovable. If I want to have a constant frame rate, I have to lower texture settings to toaster levels. Even then I can’t keep he frame rate above a hearty 80.

Thanks much!

-Me

Solution
get a better gpu and upgrade your ram,

you should wait untill rtx GPUs are released since gtx GPUs prices will drop.
I cant really reccomend you a gpu since idk your budget and your power supply.

assuming you have 550W psu and you really have no budget I would get a GTX 1080, but since idk your motherboard and case you should check if it is compatible with your system, you should check that your cases maximum supported gpu length is greater then the gpu length.

orifl1221

Prominent
May 3, 2018
get a better gpu and upgrade your ram,

you should wait untill rtx GPUs are released since gtx GPUs prices will drop.
I cant really reccomend you a gpu since idk your budget and your power supply.

assuming you have 550W psu and you really have no budget I would get a GTX 1080, but since idk your motherboard and case you should check if it is compatible with your system, you should check that your cases maximum supported gpu length is greater then the gpu length.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS