Question I’m building a computer, and when hooked up to the monitor, there’s no display.

Apr 13, 2019
I’ve just finished having a friend make a computer with me (I’m a noob when it comes to them), and everything is plugged in, every fan is blowing, and everything turns on as would usually function. The only problem is, when it’s hooked up to my computer monitor, there is no display. I made sure the HDMI was all good and correct, tried on another monitor, and even tried a VGA cable. I’m not having any luck figuring out what it is or what to do.

Apr 13, 2019
Does it Beep when it posts ? what about the LED indicators on the motherboard ?
The day before yesterday, it had the CPU LED indicator on, and when the fan that’s placed above the CPU was flipped around by my friend, the light was no longer on. It does not beep or make any noises at all when it’s turned on.

Apr 13, 2019
Can you provide full specs? Also, are you using a discrete GPU or onboard port on motherboard? If a GPU is added, the cables need connected to it.
I’m using a single stick of 16 GB ram.
A Ryzen Processor with integrated Radeon Graphics.
I’m using a Pro Series B350-M PRO as a Mother Board.
A Blue 1TB SSD.
An EVGA power supply.
And just a rosewell computer case.

Like I said, I’m a noob when it comes to computers.

Are you using 2200G or 2400G by chance? If so, was motherboard purchased new? Was there any sticker mentioning 2000 series ready? If not, it's likely the board has an out of date BIOS which doesn't support the CPU you are using. The B350 series were launched with original Ryzen 1000 series. You would need an older CPU installed to flash BIOS to newer version before Ryzen 2200/2400G will work if this is the situation.

Apr 13, 2019
Are you using 2200G or 2400G by chance? If so, was motherboard purchased new? Was there any sticker mentioning 2000 series ready? If not, it's likely the board has an out of date BIOS which doesn't support the CPU you are using. The B350 series were launched with original Ryzen 1000 series. You would need an older CPU installed to flash BIOS to newer version before Ryzen 2200/2400G will work if this is the situation.
My motherboard box says Motherboard B350M PRO-VDH
It was bought used off of amazon.
My processor box says AMD Ryzen 3 2200G.

Looks like it could be the problem. You need the BIOS update from at least Jan '18 from MSI site to support the 2200G. Being that you purchased used, no way to tell which version is on it. You would need a 1000 series CPU, or access to one to check if that's the problem. Powering up system, fans spinning, ect. would work ok, but your system wouldn't actually POST and boot correctly.

Apr 13, 2019
Looks like it could be the problem. You need the BIOS update from at least Jan '18 from MSI site to support the 2200G. Being that you purchased used, no way to tell which version is on it. You would need a 1000 series CPU, or access to one to check if that's the problem. Powering up system, fans spinning, ect. would work ok, but your system wouldn't actually POST and boot correctly.
Do you think instead of getting an older CPU, I should get a newer motherboard?

Apr 13, 2019
So I should get a newer motherboard and use my current CPU with that motherboard?
And if so, can you suggest anything? I genuinely know nothing about computers. I was assured this would be an awesome build, and I’ve spent a lot of money just to figure out that these parts aren’t even compatible with one another.