Question I’m building a pc exclusively for racing sim, which motherboard is recommended for the below given specs

Aug 18, 2022
Hey guys I’m building a Pc exclusively for racing sim, the specs are
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3500
GPU : NVIDIA GTX 1660 TI
Ram : (8*2) 16gb ram
Monitor : Acer ED320QR (FHD 32 inch curved 165hz)

Which motherboard would you recommend keeping budget in mind as of now I’ve opted for the B450M DS3H motherboard by gigabyte will this motherboard work just fine or do I have to buy something else
I would appreciate any other recommendations as well

Hey guys I’m building a Pc exclusively for racing sim, the specs are
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3500
GPU : NVIDIA GTX 1660 TI
Ram : (8*2) 16gb ram
Monitor : Acer ED320QR (FHD 32 inch curved 165hz)

Which motherboard would you recommend keeping budget in mind as of now I’ve opted for the B450M DS3H motherboard by gigabyte will this motherboard work just fine or do I have to buy something else
I would appreciate any other recommendations as well
For basic operation, no need for anything else just make sure RAM is in 3200-3600MHz range.
Eventually internal or external Dual frequency WiFI/Bluetooth adapter if you need them

Reactions: Poorvish
Aug 18, 2022
Should be fine for your intended purpose. The B450 didn't support Ryzen 3000 out of the box but I would expect it to come with the relevant bios update now. How much did you find the B450M DS3H for?
I’m not building my pc I’m getting it ordered from a website called bitkart who does all the work hopefully they will update the bios to match ryzen 3000’s, the B450M ds3h was 6000 Indian rupees which is roughly $75 US

I’m not building my pc I’m getting it ordered from a website called bitkart who does all the work hopefully they will update the bios to match ryzen 3000’s, the B450M ds3h was 6000 Indian rupees which is roughly $75 US
Oh ok that should be fine then. In terms of the board, it's a pretty sensible budget pick with decent power delivery that should have no problems running your Ryzen 5 3500. The only one I'd consider as an alternative would be the B550M ds3h, but it looks like that could cost up to 50% more.

Reactions: Poorvish