Question I’m concerned about this PSU

Dec 14, 2019
So today I decided to head to my local shop I’m not very knowledgeable on PSU’s I know Corsair is good but we will get to that later. So I bought a Cronus power supply it’s 600W and that’s all I know I can’t find reviews on it whatsoever and in all honesty I’m quite worried about putting it in. And I don’t think I will be able to return it. I just need help and if you could help me out and see if it’s safe to put in that would be helpful thank you :)

4745454b

Titan
I didn't see any real reviews on that unit. So the quality of the internal parts is unknown. I can make some general assumptions about it though. First, it does have a 2 yr warranty from what I saw. That is way less than the 5, 7, or 10yr+ warranty you get with the good units, but it's also double the standard 1yr warranty that junk PSUs have to give you. It is 80+ bronze. Assuming they aren't lying about that it means it can do full output so another sign it's not a complete garbage PSU. The plugs are mostly correct. It does have two 6+2pin PCIe plugs for video cards. This is standard for any 450-500W and above. Good 650W would have 4, though this isn't a 650W so 2 is allowed. The biggest pause I have is I couldn't find a load out for the PSU. That would tell me if it's a real 600W unit or not. I'm guessing it's a group regulated PSU and under the single 12V rail there should be something around 540W (45A) of power. If its 492W or less they are listing "peak power" and it's not a 600W unit.

It's probably similar in quality to the lower end Corsair or EVGA lines. Not a fire starter PSU though not a great one either. Safe to use for a single GPU setup. Though the question of how good the internals are is a concern.

Dec 14, 2019
yes please return it , and then post your full system specifications
I won’t be able to I don’t think
I didn't see any real reviews on that unit. So the quality of the internal parts is unknown. I can make some general assumptions about it though. First, it does have a 2 yr warranty from what I saw. That is way less than the 5, 7, or 10yr+ warranty you get with the good units, but it's also double the standard 1yr warranty that junk PSUs have to give you. It is 80+ bronze. Assuming they aren't lying about that it means it can do full output so another sign it's not a complete garbage PSU. The plugs are mostly correct. It does have two 6+2pin PCIe plugs for video cards. This is standard for any 450-500W and above. Good 650W would have 4, though this isn't a 650W so 2 is allowed. The biggest pause I have is I couldn't find a load out for the PSU. That would tell me if it's a real 600W unit or not. I'm guessing it's a group regulated PSU and under the single 12V rail there should be something around 540W (45A) of power. If its 492W or less they are listing "peak power" and it's not a 600W unit.

It's probably similar in quality to the lower end Corsair or EVGA lines. Not a fire starter PSU though not a great one either. Safe to use for a single GPU setup. Though the question of how good the internals are is a concern.
Thank you for this my main concern was that it may just start a fire haha but do you think it’s worth returning and trying to get one from a trusted brand? Even though returning it may be difficult

4745454b

Titan
I won’t be able to...Even though returning it may be difficult

You can't return it or it will be difficult? Those are two different things.

Is it a fire starter PSU? No. At least nothing from what I've seen says it is. I can't comment about how long you'll get out of it because there are no reviews. I don't even see a load sheet. Nor did I double check the truthfulness of the 80+ cert. Personally I would want the best I can afford. I don't think it's that unit. Is it good enough for you? Only you can answer that.