[SOLVED] I’m in a bit of a GPU dilemma, any suggestions?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
I’m 16 years old. I don’t have any financial responsibilities at the moment, although that’ll probably change in around 2-3 years. My current PC has a GTX 960 that my friend lent me (everything else is new), and I’m planning to buy a new card. Originally I was going for the RTX 2080 super, which I was planning to buy soon because I wanted it before DOOM Eternal released in November, but now the game got delayed to March 2020, so I have more time. With the extra time I have to save money, I could technically buy a 2080 ti, but I feel like it would be irresponsible. And now I’m not sure if Nvidia or AMD are going to release new cards before the game comes out. I’m planning to play games on a 1440p 165hz monitor, and I want whichever card I buy to last me at LEAST four years. With all of that information in mind, should I buy the 2080 super, 2080 ti, or wait to see if any new cards get announced before March?

Well, at 1440p high refresh you are going to want the most GPU power you can get if you want the GPU to last 4 years. 165hz 1440p is hard to run in today's games with today's hardware, so you will need top of the line if you want to run 165 hz 1440p well for a few years.

As for new releases, not sure what AMD or Nvidia have up their sleeves.

Because of that, the 2080ti makes the most sense, as long as you have a CPU and PSU to handle it.

PSU make and model.

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc
Well, at 1440p high refresh you are going to want the most GPU power you can get if you want the GPU to last 4 years. 165hz 1440p is hard to run in today's games with today's hardware, so you will need top of the line if you want to run 165 hz 1440p well for a few years.

As for new releases, not sure what AMD or Nvidia have up their sleeves.

Because of that, the 2080ti makes the most sense, as long as you have a CPU and PSU to handle it.

PSU make and model.

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS