Question I’m wondering why my PC is booting super slow now?

Sep 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
Just recently I started to have PC problems. I turned on my pc today and it took a few minutes to boot. This is unusual because it usually takes like 30 seconds or so. I’ve checked the windows updates and nothing has updated since the 10th. I updated bios and nothing resulted from that. I’ve also reset my PC while keeping my personal files and nothing came from that as well. I also took out most of the start up apps that could’ve been a problem as I suspected it to be steam, but it wasn’t.

I haven’t checked the ram or the PSU yet. It still loads into windows, just the asus boot screen with the spinning loading circle just takes forever. I’m also unable to open some apps as it’ll slow down my PC. I was just wondering how could I test what the problem is and if you guys have any recommendations.
build list:

Motherboard: asus z370-e gaming
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
GPU: EVGA Nvidia 1070ti SC
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
PSU: EVGA 550W Gold
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 256 GB
HDD: 3 tb 7200 rpm

Sep 29, 2020
I just looked and it’s not showing up on my explorer under this PC. Also, my apps on the desktop start to rearrange randomly every reboot and some of my games start to install again when I installed it previously.

Sep 29, 2020
Update, I’m waiting on a new PSU with new cables, but today my monitor was flickering. It booted up quicker today though so I’m guessing the HDD may be bad, but I don’t know what could explain the flicker.