[SOLVED] I’ve messed up my cores now my pc is slow

May 4, 2021
Hey all,

I have recently have issues with Easy Anti Cheat and the fix for it from some seems to be using one less core restarting and the. Undoing what they selected and the problem goes away(this was on an EA server which a community manager/person from ea mentioned to others doing)

anyway, I decided to try it today, and when I went to select 1 less core out of 8 cores I was already running at 1 core(I currently have an AMD FX 8300 eight core processor )

anyway, I know I haven’t marked it to 8 but I’ve done something now and ever since I’ve turned my pc back on it’s been slow, I’ve tried going back into maconfig to look at how many cores I have now and it now does not let me
Select anything other than 1 and does not show me the other 7

it also shows me in task manager thst my CPU is going up to 100% on start up with system inerupts, it’s also stopped me From being able to use Discord, and I now cannot play Apex which was the game I was trying to sort out

I’m sorry if this hasn’t been any help in what I’ve done but any help would be greatly
Appreciated

Solution
That’s the thing when I go back and untick it and try to select 8 cores from the drop down list it just shows 1 after unticking it

When you untick the box it removes you the choice of selecting anything. It will go back to the full amount of cores being used. Unticked = No choices to make in that selection box. Just untick apply and reboot.

USAFRet

Titan
I went into ms config into the boot and advanced set up, I can’t for the life of me remember what I unticked and what I ticked
Uncheck "Number of Cores".

Deselected is the default, and the system uses all cores/processors available.
Changing that value can only reduce the system performance.

Your 'problem' was using the EasyAntiCheat thing. That is a known fault.