i-5 6600k Is reading very high on task manager usage constantly

ThatGreatVandito

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
Hello,
So recently I have been noticing some stuttering fps wise while playing games, and checked my task manager. I constantly see my cpu at 90-100% usuage, with my GPU usually only around 60% usuage. I have the CPU listed above, an i5-6600k and a GTX 1060 6gb vram. My build also has 8 gigs of ram. My cpu runs at an ambient of around 40, and I have not overclocked it. Any ideas why the usage is so high?

Solution
You might not see the service running, instead you my see a Service Host entry in the Task Manager.
But you could go to Services app and stop both Background Intelligent Transfer and the Windows Update services.
Also check if Windows is recording your game play in the background,

ThatGreatVandito

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015

I typically notice it when playing games or have Chrome open. I don't believe that it is Windows updating because this has been happening over a span of days. What would the name be of the process to look for within task manager to check if it is indeed windows updating

You might not see the service running, instead you my see a Service Host entry in the Task Manager.
But you could go to Services app and stop both Background Intelligent Transfer and the Windows Update services.
Also check if Windows is recording your game play in the background,

Solution