Question I accidentally bent 1 LGA 1151 socket pin.

Moiz901

Reputable
Dec 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I was building a brand new computer and while installing the CPU I bent 1 pin which is I think DDR0 pin according to coffee lake pins layout. I have tried to fix it as much as I can. I just wanted to know does it look good or is it still out of alignment? will it cause any performance degrade over time?

Currently, with a bented pin, My pc is running just fine. I have played games for 2 3 hours and everything is running fine. Both 8GB rams are installed in dual channel mode.

Please see the image. pin #5.

View: https://imgur.com/a/U56GXeK

The brighter point at the tip is the critical point as that's what is making contact with the CPU. If that is the same height and is in line with the pins to the left and right, top and bottom then you should be okay. If the shaft looks a little wonky that's not bad.

I actually bent 4-5 pins on my socket while replacing a bad CPU, and then fixed those pins. My 6600k has been fine for several years now. I have even changed out the cooler a few times for maintenance and it hasn't caused anything to shift or "break"

It looks like you've done a great job fixing it up based on the photo.

Moiz901

Reputable
Dec 29, 2016
The brighter point at the tip is the critical point as that's what is making contact with the CPU. If that is the same height and is in line with the pins to the left and right, top and bottom then you should be okay. If the shaft looks a little wonky that's not bad.

I actually bent 4-5 pins on my socket while replacing a bad CPU, and then fixed those pins. My 6600k has been fine for several years now. I have even changed out the cooler a few times for maintenance and it hasn't caused anything to shift or "break"

It looks like you've done a great job fixing it up based on the photo.

I am not sure about the height of the pin coz it's very hard to measure the height. I just want everything to be 100% perfect. it's a brand new build and I was so excited while buying it :(