Question I accidentally broke a laptop micro-component ?

May 12, 2022
Hi. I need your advice and criteria.

I gave maintenance to an Asus TUF FA506II Laptop with these characteristics:
*Asus TUF Gaming FA506II Laptop
*CPU: HexaCore AMD Ryzen 5 4600H
*RAM: DDR4 16 Gb
*Video 1: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics (512 MB)
*Video 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti (4 GB)
*Display: Panda LM156LF-2F01 [15.6" LCD]
*SSD M2 NVME: Samsung SSD 980 1TB

During assembly I accidentally pried off what appears to be a ceramic micro-capacitor with my fingernail.
I finished the assembling and I turned the Laptop on (like this without the capacitor), and so far it's working fine overall.

I uploaded some photos.
One showing the equipment, another photo indicating the area where the condenser was located, and another more detailed photo where with a red arrow I indicate where it was, and with a yellow arrow I indicate how it was compared to that one (because it was the same):

View: https://imgur.com/a/iXQIXBK

My questions are:
  • What function do you think this capacitor could have in the circuit?
  • Do you think I can continue using the Laptop without it?
Thank you for your time. I appreciate your advice.

Greetings.

PS. Pardon my english.

Lutfij

Titan
What function do you think this capacitor could have in the circuit?
It's located close to the GPU Fan connector, as it would imply that would be necessary for the regulation of the fan for that sector of the motherboard.

Do you think I can continue using the Laptop without it?
You should try and find that capacitor with a magnet, for lack of any other information or contraption that might be able to locate that missing lemming.

May 12, 2022
Thanks Lutfij.
I agree with you.
I think is related to the fan too.
The thing is (and I guess is a good thing) that the fan seems to work properly, even regulating it's speed acording to the temps.
I tried to solder the capacitor again, but it fall off during the process and I let it be.