[SOLVED] I accidentally changed my voltage on my PSU while my PC was on and now it gets no power whatsoever

alecbarnett13

Prominent
Dec 20, 2018
I changed it then it lost all power completely, is it ruined or can I fix it? Also my computer which I got off someone else who built it had a 8800 gts on it and when he owned it, it worked but now when I used it wont not show up on my screen but my GTX 960 would but then after about an hour of trying to get the drivers, which wouldn't actually install it decided to stop showing up with both

Solution
Silly thing to do. Oh well, mistakes happen.

Buy a decent psu with automatic voltage control. Evga G2, Seasonic focus, Corsair Rmx to name a few units. Search tier 1 and 2 psus to suit availablity if those aren't available.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Buy a decent psu with automatic voltage control. Evga G2, Seasonic focus, Corsair Rmx to name a few units. Search tier 1 and 2 psus to suit availablity if those aren't available.

Solution
Dec 2, 2020

I did the same like a dumbo i changed from 220V to 110V and my psu blows up then i changed 2-3 psu's but every psu blows when i plug it to the wall plzz help

TRENDING THREADS