[SOLVED] I accidentally chipped the enamel from the motherboard in the M.2 slot on my PS5. Will this prove to be a problem?

May 3, 2022
I went to install a SSD in my PS5's M.2 slot and found that the screw in the slot was already stripped. I had to use some needle nose pliers to remove the screw but it also removed the enamel, exposing the copper underneath. The console works but I'm worried that I'm going to have an issue down the line.

i7p2cphnt1x81.jpg

I don't even know if this is the right board to post this. I apologize in advance if it is not. I'm new to the forums on here.

Last edited:
Solution
N
I went to install a SSD in my PS5's M.2 slot and found that the screw in the slot was already stripped. I had to use some needle nose pliers to remove the screw but it also removed the enamel, exposing the copper underneath.
That's probably a ground plane it exposed and won't present a problem. But if you want to you could coat it with some fingernail polish.
N
I went to install a SSD in my PS5's M.2 slot and found that the screw in the slot was already stripped. I had to use some needle nose pliers to remove the screw but it also removed the enamel, exposing the copper underneath.
That's probably a ground plane it exposed and won't present a problem. But if you want to you could coat it with some fingernail polish.

Solution