[SOLVED] I accidentally deleted my SATA drivers(controller) now my Laptop won't boot up anymore.

Jul 8, 2020
I have ASUS k45vd, windows 10 Pro. Core i3.

Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that is somehow related to my problem. I followed it and right after the last suggestion on fixing the problem, it says "uninstalling the sata drivers might help to fix DVD-rom issue" so without second thought i just did it now its totally a nightmare cause after uninstalling the drivers and restarting, my laptop no longer booting up. Like after pressing the turn on button normally you would see the asus logo now its gone like total black screen and i can't access bios too but the laptop is running i can hear the fan too. I tried to plug it on a computer and it was just fine it boots up but on my laptop it won't. Pls help me and sorry for my english composition.

Solution
D
No. you have to install it on the laptop not another PC. Your idea probably won’t work you need to go into your bias and make sure you can boot from USB
D

Deleted member 14196

make a windows 10 installer usb from Microsoft Windows Media Creation, boot to it, and then do a repair or a clean install.

Reactions: Jetcorlet
Jul 8, 2020
make a windows 10 installer usb from Microsoft Windows Media Creation, boot to it, and then do a repair or a clean install.
I've tried flash drive boot and optical drive on my laptop but still dont work seems like it wont recognize them. But i never tried to make a clean re-install by plugging my ssd to another PC. Hopefully that would work cause that's what im actually thinking but at the same time im afraid that i might ended up formatting my ssd. I will try that tomorrow sir and very thank you for your help.

D

Deleted member 14196

No. you have to install it on the laptop not another PC. Your idea probably won’t work you need to go into your bias and make sure you can boot from USB

Solution
Jul 8, 2020
That's what I've been trying sir but i can't even access bios. It won't detect even my optical drive too.

Can you check this thread sir, it says that he was able to fix it but i don't actually have any idea how and what does he mean by enclosure and hdd management see link below

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/accidentally-deleted-sata-drivers.2174391/#post-14588274

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS