Question I accidentally formatted 4% of the C:\ drive with installed Windows 7.

Apr 10, 2019
Hello, accidentally i formatted 4% of my C drive while i was trying to install Windows 98 (don't ask why, and i wanted to dual boot with EasyBCD) on my old PC and now every time when 'Welcome' text shows after like 10-20 seconds BSoD appears and i have used CD-ROM drive and with F8 option too, to repair it, even Automatic Repair, chkdsk /r, sfc /scannow (doesn't work with CD-ROM support or Repair Your Computer option) has no effect. I have tried DISM, but still, doesn't work, i can't run in safe mode, maybe a software that runs on USB will be very helpful (program that recover deleted data) because i can put it from my main pc into the USB. Someone know a great program or an idea how i can fix it?
BSoD Error:
Edit: I have ntbtlog.txt but memory dump are empty.
ntbtlog.txt: https://parodii.tk/ntbtlog.txt
A process or thread crucial to system operation has been unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
BSoD_Problem_Thing.png

P.S. Sorry for my bad English..

Last edited:
active@ , easeus and others do have free data recovery software that creates a boot medium (cd/usb) and recovers data,the chances of this repairing windows is still very low since they recover files to a different drive as to not destroy even more data,these softwares are to retrieve personal data,they might still work if you copy all files back to the right folders but even then you might end up with a windows that has some broken files left which can cause bad behavior.

Boot up with a portable linux USB, backup all your important stuff and do what the others told you reinstall windows.
If you want to try you can partition the drive from live linux copy over all your personal files to the new partition and then reformat windows.