Question I accidentally plugged the pins from my gpu s/pdif cable in the wrong sequence

Oct 17, 2021
First things first:

I accidentally put the pins from the cable in the wrong sequence in my motherboard (GA-945GCM-S2L) and powered up the pc 🤡. After that, I smelled burned plastic and shut down the pc. I would like to know if that could have damaged my motherboard or the gpu (or even my digital audio interface) ?

P.S.: The pc powered up normally (even though he doesn't show image, but I will leave it to the technical assistance to fix this).
Doens't appear to have damaged the gpu in my opinion.

P.S.2.: Nevertheless, I will drop my pc into technical assistance ('cause previously he was not showing image, but would power up normally), but I would like to know beforehand this question.

Oct 17, 2021
Yes, some damage occurred.
Possibly serious.

Good news my friend

The computer powered up normally and is displaying image ;) . It seems that i won't have to leave it in the technical assistance.

But the question still remains. Could have fried my digital audio interface ? I couldn't test it 'cause I only connected the gpu without the s/pdif cable. I'm afraid of burning something now :fearscream:

Is it possible to have smelled burned scent and not damaged anything ?