[SOLVED] I accidentally pushed back the HDD and now PC shows boot error ?

Jan 5, 2022
And Windows crashed when I went to boot it again. It said "Boot BCD error 0xc00000e9 Windows Boot Manager" --- can this be fixed ?

Last edited:
Solution
This sounds like you have parts of your PC hanging outside of the casing...??

What exactly do you mean by "I push the motherboard at the back hardisk "? Is this the OUTSIDE of the Box/Case? Or inside somewhere....

I will guess you are having a cabling issue.

So first off, power down PC, REMOVE POWER CABLE FROM WALL.

Now before you move anything, take a picture. Then change something, take picture again.

• After opening the case, unplug the cables connecting to the Hard Drive, both power and SATA/IDE data.
  • Use a small brush, a very very dry thin haired brush, or a high powered fan / vacuum cleaning to clear and clean the plug and cable connectors
  • Check on both sides, where it connects to motherboard and the HDD...
D

Deleted member 14196

What does it mean that you pushed it back? Did you physically do something to it while it was running?

If you’ve caused this corruption you’re going to have to try to reformat it and reinstall

Jan 5, 2022
What does it mean that you pushed it back? Did you physically do something to it while it was running?

If you’ve caused this corruption you’re going to have to try to reformat it and reinstall
I push the motherboard at the back hardisk, I do this while it running I play valorant and because that the game crash.

Okay I will try to reformat and reinstal thanks you

Jan 5, 2022

But when I boot it sometimes the hardisk won't detect by the bios I reboot the computer the bios detect hardisk but it take 10-15 second to detect hardisk on sata1

Jan 5, 2022
And Windows crashed when I went to boot it again. It said "Boot BCD error 0xc00000e9 Windows Boot Manager" can I fix this?
I push the motherboard at the back hardisk, I do this while it running I play valorant and because that the game crash.
But when I boot it sometimes the hardisk won't detect by the bios I reboot the computer the bios detect hardisk but it take 10-15 second to detect hardisk on sata1

JackrumMadthing

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
This sounds like you have parts of your PC hanging outside of the casing...??

What exactly do you mean by "I push the motherboard at the back hardisk "? Is this the OUTSIDE of the Box/Case? Or inside somewhere....

I will guess you are having a cabling issue.

So first off, power down PC, REMOVE POWER CABLE FROM WALL.

Now before you move anything, take a picture. Then change something, take picture again.

• After opening the case, unplug the cables connecting to the Hard Drive, both power and SATA/IDE data.
  • Use a small brush, a very very dry thin haired brush, or a high powered fan / vacuum cleaning to clear and clean the plug and cable connectors
  • Check on both sides, where it connects to motherboard and the HDD
  • Make sure the cable is not twisted
  • Reconnect everything.

If you are still getting BCD, do you have more than one HDD installe din this machine? If not, you have managed to corrupt that drive due to what sounds like a very dramataic Motherboard failure or bad cabling issue....and will need to either do a some more advanced software fiddling.....or replace the thing.

But lets check the basics first.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS