• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

[SOLVED] I accidentally snagged the headphone jack and I can only hear from mainly one side. How do i fix this?

DeathHadArrived

Commendable
Aug 8, 2019
I had a muscle spasm while gaming and accidentally snagged and ripped off the headphones off from the computer's headphone jack. Thankfully, the headphone jack didnt get stuck in the pc headphone jack. I also noticed that the left side is much quieter than the right side and I can notice that. How can I fix this.Also could this damage the pc and if so, how can i fix it? I am currently using the Sony Over The Ear wired headphones. I had these headphones for less than a year so is it possible for me to RMA it for warranty?

R_1

Glorious
Ambassador
you need to determine where the damage is first. Is it the port on the PC or headset?
time for testing
you need another audio source, a phone or other device to test the headset.
you need another speaker/headset to test the port on the PC.

if the port is damaged on the PC you will need either another audio device or a new motherboard with a new audio device on it.
if it is the headphones you will need to replace the cable and RMA would be my suggestion.

R_1

Glorious
Ambassador
you need to determine where the damage is first. Is it the port on the PC or headset?
time for testing
you need another audio source, a phone or other device to test the headset.
you need another speaker/headset to test the port on the PC.

if the port is damaged on the PC you will need either another audio device or a new motherboard with a new audio device on it.
if it is the headphones you will need to replace the cable and RMA would be my suggestion.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS