[SOLVED] I accidentally snagged the headphone jack and I can only hear from mainly one side. How do i fix this?

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
I had a muscle spasm while gaming and accidentally snagged and ripped off the headphones off from the computer's headphone jack. Thankfully, the headphone jack didnt get stuck in the pc headphone jack. I also noticed that the left side is much quieter than the right side and I can notice that. How can I fix this.Also could this damage the pc and if so, how can i fix it? I am currently using the Sony Over The Ear wired headphones. I had these headphones for less than a year so is it possible for me to RMA it for warranty?

Solution
you need to determine where the damage is first. Is it the port on the PC or headset?
time for testing
you need another audio source, a phone or other device to test the headset.
you need another speaker/headset to test the port on the PC.

if the port is damaged on the PC you will need either another audio device or a new motherboard with a new audio device on it.
if it is the headphones you will need to replace the cable and RMA would be my suggestion.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
you need to determine where the damage is first. Is it the port on the PC or headset?
time for testing
you need another audio source, a phone or other device to test the headset.
you need another speaker/headset to test the port on the PC.

if the port is damaged on the PC you will need either another audio device or a new motherboard with a new audio device on it.
if it is the headphones you will need to replace the cable and RMA would be my suggestion.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS