Question I accidently broke my cpu socket pins!!!

Mar 1, 2019
My motherboard is aorus h370 gaming wifi 3... Customer service told me that they can replace the cpu socket, my mobo still in warranty, should i replace the cpu socket as they said or should i just buy new mobo?

Chaingunchris

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
I can spend money to spare the headache but if replacing the socket will save the money and the mobo will be turned back to new why not, they told me the socket will be replaced for 10$, and the mobo will be be like new is this true?
You can’t replace the socket. The socket is soldered onto the rest of the board. You would have to replace the rest of the board. You could try to solder the pin back on to the array. But at that point you have the risk of damaging other hardware if you don’t do it correctly. I would just try to return it and spend the money for less headache

@Chaingunchris: OP is saying the manufacturer will replace the cpu socket, which presumably they are equipped to handle. As skynetrising shows, it is possible.

@SkyNetRising: if OP plans to send it back for “repair” the serial number of the mobo could be noted to determine whether the board was swapped or just the socket replaced. Personally, I’d go one step further and inconspicuously scribe my first initial very small on the shiny metal of one of the i/o connector shields to see if it’s the same board I get back!

Reactions: Chaingunchris