[SOLVED] I accidently install 2 windows 10

Dec 12, 2018
Right now my pc is installing windows10 on the same hdd but different partition. What should i do to uninstall the another windows 10? And when the setup done installing will my windows crash?

Solution
I am not sure that will work, it depends on how hdd is formatted

can you go to disk management and take a screenshot, upload to an image sharing web site, and share tithe link here

if you have an EFI partition you might be able to do the below method. If hdd is formated as MBR, you probably can't

Deleting a partition using Diskpart
Note: You cannot delete an active system or boot partition, or a partition with an active page file.

At a command prompt, type: Diskpart.exe
At the DISKPART prompt, type: Select Disk 1
At the DISKPART prompt, type: Select Partition X (where X is the old windows C partition, don't accidentally do C or you will need to start again anyway)
At the DISKPART prompt, type: DELETE partition
At the DISKPART...

hemang

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I am assuming that you want a fresh install and that you have a backup of the data.
In this case you can always restart the installation process and this time delete both the partitions during initial setup, create new partitions and install where you want. Everything will be wiped off and hard disk will be like new. So all software and data will have to be installed / restored as needed by you

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am not sure that will work, it depends on how hdd is formatted

can you go to disk management and take a screenshot, upload to an image sharing web site, and share tithe link here

if you have an EFI partition you might be able to do the below method. If hdd is formated as MBR, you probably can't

Deleting a partition using Diskpart
Note: You cannot delete an active system or boot partition, or a partition with an active page file.

At a command prompt, type: Diskpart.exe
At the DISKPART prompt, type: Select Disk 1
At the DISKPART prompt, type: Select Partition X (where X is the old windows C partition, don't accidentally do C or you will need to start again anyway)
At the DISKPART prompt, type: DELETE partition
At the DISKPART prompt, type: Exit

https://searchwindowsserver.techtarget.com/tip/Using-Diskpart-to-create-extend-or-delete-a-disk-partition

Solution