Question I accidently shorted my psu

Nov 20, 2021
Hi, i accidentally shorted my psu while connecting a fan without a connector and just stripped wires. Possible one strand of wire shorted two pins of female connector and there was a pop sound and everything turned off. My question is:
Is it just the psu that blown or there could be more damage. And if the fuse of psu is blown can it be replaced ?
Thanks

RealBeast

Titan
Hi, i accidentally shorted my psu while connecting a fan without a connector and just stripped wires. Possible one strand of wire shorted two pins of female connector and there was a pop sound and everything turned off. My question is:
Is it just the psu that blown or there could be more damage. And if the fuse of psu is blown can it be replaced ?
Thanks
Perhaps someone can give you an answer if you provide more information, like the model numbers of your build parts, including the PSU and what wires you were working with while the thing was turned on?

Thanks

So the PSU is dead now? You cycled the power on the back of the PSU and it no longer turns on?

What PSU?

What were the two wires that shorted against one another?

That pop sound (not the OS :miam: ) you refer to might be the fuse being blown.

The fuse may or may not save the rest of the PSU from being destroyed, but more important it prevent continuous feeding towards a fault/short and thus prevents the equipment to take fire.

Nov 20, 2021
So the PSU is dead now? You cycled the power on the back of the PSU and it no longer turns on?

What PSU?

What were the two wires that shorted against one another
That pop sound (not the OS:miam: ) you refer to might be the fuse being blown.

The fuse may or may not save the rest of the PSU from being destroyed, but more important it prevent continuous feeding towards a fault/short and thus prevents the equipment to take fire.
Hi, everything seems to be working fine now after 30 minutes. Maybe it was some safety mechanism that got into action. I am not worried about the psu, my concern is maybe it has caused some damage to the board.