Question I added a 2nd M.2 NVME, now my PC does not boot to Windows.

Jul 24, 2020
I installed an Adata S40G 512gb SSD on my 2nd M.2 slot (MSI B450M Mortar Max). 1st slot is occupied by an Adata XPG 8200 Pro. I then enabled it via Computer Management and then copied my Warzone game folder there. Upon restarting, my PC no longer boots to Windows. I tried a cold start and still doesn't boot. I also tried changing settings in my Bios to no avail. I tried different possible solutions I could find on the internet and none worked.

So I booted to Safe Mode and then re-copied the Warzone folder back to my main drive and then physically removed the ssd. Now my PC works fine. So it's either the drive is faulty or my motherboard is. Or maybe I missed something?

Any advise is pretty much appreciated.

Jul 24, 2020
Yes, I was able to boot to Safe mode only. Prior to that it would just loop and notify me that it failed to load Windows and proceed to the page where it says "restart" and "advance settings". And so on.

It's kinda strange really. I checked my Bios and it recognized that the 2nd drive was installed in the m2_2 slot. Also, my motherboard supports clearly supports the drive for said slot (albeit slower speeds being it pcie 2x4 only) so I was wondering what the problem is.