[SOLVED] i added a memeory module identical to the one i have but now games crash

Jul 20, 2021
i added a ram module identical to the one currently installed, same speed, timings and capacity from the same brand. but now most games start but crash just as it start loading. and then i get blue screen with memory mangment error. only rainbow 6 and csgo work fine .
my specs:
gigabyte h310m s2h 2.0 mobo
gigabyte ram 16gb (8*2) 2666mhz CL16-16-16-35 1.2 v
i3-8100
gigabyte gtx 1650
i know i3-8100 only supports ddr4-2400 but i didn t have any issues with the first module and i had the pc for 2 years
task manager shows 2 slots of 4 are used ( even though my mobo only has two) and 2400mhz speed xmp is disabled anyways
is there anything i need to do? i checked the bios but didn t notice anything?
my last option is returning the stick
please help

Mixing RAM not bought as a matched kit in not guaranteed to work without issue even if the same make and model, they sell matched kits for a reason. You can try increasing the DRAM voltage in the BIOS, I expect it is set to 1.250v, I’d try 1.350v but it may not help.

Jul 20, 2021
Mixing RAM not bought as a matched kit in not guaranteed to work without issue even if the same make and model, they sell matched kits for a reason. You can try increasing the DRAM voltage in the BIOS, I expect it is set to 1.250v, I’d try 1.350v but it may not help.
is there bios update? maybe that will fix it?