I agree with ninja-007.

Gummy43

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
I too have shopped all over the place to no avail. I am tired of downloading software that is not right, doesnt work etc etc. In many other computers I have and have had, I have used AC97 with great success UP TO AN INCLUDING WINDOWS XP. Now I have built this computer with Windows 7 x 64 to assist in the testing of CDGs but do not have the playback feature I have become used to using and so far, nobody will advise where I can download the sofrtware control panel that used to be with the Realtek product. I am ready to return to SoundBlaster. It's all too hard.
IF anyone can help I would be ever so greatful. I have wasted too many weeks trying to find answers.

Solution
"nobody will advise where I can download the software control panel that used to be with the Realtek product"

The Realtek audio driver package still includes the control panel (Realtek HD Audio Manager).
However, you can't install it unless your motherboard has an integrated Realtek audio chip.
If it does, you download it from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Since you haven't disclosed your mobo make & model that's as far as I can go with this.

The bottom line is, it all depends on your specific hardware. You can't just install any audio driver package just because you're familiar with it from a previous build. The driver package has to match your existing hardware.
"nobody will advise where I can download the software control panel that used to be with the Realtek product"

The Realtek audio driver package still includes the control panel (Realtek HD Audio Manager).
However, you can't install it unless your motherboard has an integrated Realtek audio chip.
If it does, you download it from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Since you haven't disclosed your mobo make & model that's as far as I can go with this.

The bottom line is, it all depends on your specific hardware. You can't just install any audio driver package just because you're familiar with it from a previous build. The driver package has to match your existing hardware.

Solution