[SOLVED] I already bought a 450w Psu...

Solution

Newegg has the CX450 at $20 after a $20 rebate. THere are also deals witih the modular CX450 and CX550 that get them under or at least to $40.

Power supplies are the one thing in which consumer reviews are absolutely worthless. Most of the difference between a junk power supply and an excellent one is made up of things that cannot be evaluated by the average consumer and involve opening the power supply and making a detailed examination of the components and to really do a proper review, very...
450w is fine if good quality. Not all 450w are equal and quality is very important.

This is total system load in this review;
86530.png

Taken from https://www.anandtech.com/show/11278/amd-radeon-rx-580-rx-570-review/16

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018

he went with a Rosewill ARC 80+ bronze

Jan 31, 2019
I opptes for the Rosewill Arc Psu Bc of the price and it did have good reviews on Amazon, pcpartpicker, and Newegg, And it was an 80+ bronze, I will consider returning the Psu, are there any cheap or decent solutions for a Psu under 36?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Newegg has the CX450 at $20 after a $20 rebate. THere are also deals witih the modular CX450 and CX550 that get them under or at least to $40.

Power supplies are the one thing in which consumer reviews are absolutely worthless. Most of the difference between a junk power supply and an excellent one is made up of things that cannot be evaluated by the average consumer and involve opening the power supply and making a detailed examination of the components and to really do a proper review, very expensive diagnostic equipment.

As for the Rosewill Arc, I haven't seen a teardown of this yet, but power supplies, as safety equipment, are guilty until proven innocent rather than the other way around. ATNG has made some decent PSUs, but they've also manufactured a lot of trash on the low-end and I would never buy an ATNG-made power supply without direct confirmation as to the build quality. And I wouldn't buy a group-regulated PSU in 2019 unless it's the SeaSonic series, which was at least a rock-solid implementation of this older design.

For a period, Rosewill did sell some very good power supplies under the Capstone/Lightning/Tachyon branding, made by Super Flower, but their relationship with Super Flower ended at some point (Super Flower now makes most of the high-end EVGA PSUs) and they've gone back to using lower-tier manufacturers.

Solution