[SOLVED] I always have to reset bios of MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2020
3 days ago built a PC and was having a problem with my MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max. More or less every day, when i turn on my PC, it's show me only a black screen and it doesn't show me the bios screen; When i check the debug leds on my mobo, I see that the VGA led is remain red. I found the solution to resolve this problem clearing the CMOS and resetting the bios, then I install a bios updated and the PC turn on without any problem. My problem is that i need to do this operation more or less everyday and i don't understand why. Someone have any idea? Thanks

Jan 25, 2020
Something not right there, when you clear CMOS it just wipes settings, it shouldn't change BIOS versions. So is the update you install each time a new one or same update? Is it the newest BIOS?
The BIOS is the newest. Usually, after I have clear the CMOS (about 10 minute without battery and connecting the two pins for about 10 second), when i try to start the PC the red light on mobo stuck on BIOS debug led, after this I use the flash button to instal again the same bios updated.

RAM: 4 x HyperX Fuyr DDR4 8GB 2400MHz

Do you have a part number or link to what that is? 4 Singles, 2 kits of two, 1 kit of 4? Memory is guaranteed in the form sold and not in other combinations you decide to create.

Ryzen5 3600X processor supports 3200MHz memory out of the box.

Reactions: LorenzoG9
Jan 25, 2020
Thanks to all for the support and for the suggestions. After several test I arrived to the conclusion that, the VGA red debug light on seems caused to USB 3.2 sockets near to HDMI socket and/or too many devices USB connected to PC (despite I have a power supply Corsair TX850M). I solved the problem simply put most of my USB devices in an USB hub with independent power supply (I'm not sure that independent power supply it's really needed) and keeping free the USB 3.2 sockets near to HDMI socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.