[SOLVED] i am adicted to checking my cpu usage

Dexxly_uk

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
hi i am adicted to checking my cpu usage i get a voice in my head telling me to open task manager and check my usage it is affecting my mental health pls be kind and help.

Last edited:

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
if you minimise task manager to the system tray you can see it in real time :D im not sure all the steps to get it shown but in general it would look like this, my mouse cursor is hovering over it to show the numbers but you cant see the cursor in the screenshot

Untcscitled-1.jpg

Dexxly_uk

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
if you minimise task manager to the system tray you can see it in real time :D im not sure all the steps to get it shown but in general it would look like this, my mouse cursor is hovering over it to show the numbers but you cant see the cursor in the screenshot

Untcscitled-1.jpg
The main reason I check is I keep thinking my 4 pin cpu cabel ain't working when it is

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
The afterburner is nice. Check usages and fps in game along with heat. Notice some things I try turn on in afterburner just stubborn no work. For me bottom line how many fps in demanding titles like the cyberpunks and rdr2.

D

Deleted member 2838871

maybe its an age thing tho, eventually you just stop giving any f***s and make the best out of what you have. just enjoy whats right in front of ya

Yep... If I gave any f&#^s at all I'd have paid scalper fees for the 5950x... but I don't... so I went with the 10900k.

If I were 20 years younger I'd have probably went with the AMD.

Reactions: Obiwancanabi
If you are referring to the supplemental ATX12V CPU connector, it pretty much has to be working, as you'd have no display at all without it...
Actually, not "pretty much", but 100% if there was a problem there you'd know it, because the system would fail to work at al other than some lights and fans. So the fact that it works, means it works, period.

The fact that it works basically says "There is nothing here to see, please move along", so you can 100% stop worrying about that now and move on to worry about other things, that might actually matter or make a difference somehow. This, is a non-issue.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
senior-woman-living-in-moment-no-smartphone-celebrities-movie-premiere-black-mass-5.jpg

This old meme comes to mind, if you are like everyone else worrying about FPS, Temps and the CPU you forget to just enjoy the moment, be like grandma

maybe its an age thing tho, eventually you just stop giving any f***s and make the best out of what you have. just enjoy whats right in front of ya
This is why I have my net graph in csgo turned off. It helps with ping loss and fps, but I get caught off so many times because I'm looking at the damn figures instead of who's peeking in front of me. Same with GTA and Cyberpunk, it ruins the experience when you go on grass and immediately check fps to see. How low it goes, and from 120 to 50, is not a very good feeling

Reactions: Obiwancanabi
H
You could also just change the cable if that helps lol
Actually, you really can't, unless you have a PSU with dual EPS 4+4 pin cables. Most have only a single 4+4 pin EPS cable (Which separates into two 4 pin cables for systems that only require a single 4 pin EPS cable), and only one half of that will fit if you have only a single 4 pin EPS/CPU socket on your motherboard. The other half will be "keyed" differently than the other one to avoid them being installed wrong when both are in use.

So, no, you can't do that unless you have dual EPS 4+4 (8 pin)connectors.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Actually, you really can't, unless you have a PSU with dual EPS 4+4 pin cables. Most have only a single 4+4 pin EPS cable (Which separates into two 4 pin cables for systems that only require a single 4 pin EPS cable), and only one half of that will fit if you have only a single 4 pin EPS/CPU socket on your motherboard. The other half will be "keyed" differently than the other one to avoid them being installed wrong when both are in use.

So, no, you can't do that unless you have dual EPS 4+4 (8 pin)connectors.
Oh damn I didn't know that! My bad :p