Question I am building a PC and my case came with 3 preinstalled fans which were already connected to a circuit board

Jun 16, 2020
my case has some circuit board inside the back of the computer with all 3 of my preinstalled fans plugged into it (the 8 pin fan cables and rgb cables). coming out of this circuit board is an 8 pin fan cable, which I assume works for all the fans since they are all connected to this circuit board and I plugged it into the motherboard like I would normally plug in a fan. Also, coming out of this board is a weird 4 pin with one missing cable but the pins do not look normal, a SATA cable, a 3 pin cable that says VDG on it. Is what I did going to work with the RGB fans?

From what I can see listed about the case, yes there is a fan/aRGB hub.

They state the hub can run up to 6 fans. If the hub is powered then yes, I would agree it can handle six. If the hub is not powered I'd be hesitant to plug in more than 4 fans. Most mobo fan headers can handle 1 amp of current draw. The downside of using this hub and a single mobo fan header is the lack of fan speed control. If each fan was plugged in individually to a seperate mobo fan header you will have control over each fan's rpm. The fans all have a 4 pin connector.

The aRGB connections are the 3 pin 5 volt style, it's called an addressable RGB header. Do not plug in a 5v 3 pin RGB led into the 4 pin 12 volt rgb header or damage can occur. The 3 pin aRGB header can handle up to three amps or about 120 leds. You can plug in all your RGB's into the hub and use the single aRGB motherboard header if it has one.

What motherboard do you have?

Jun 16, 2020
I have a msi x470 plus max
also, for the single aRGB motherboard header, which fan port should i plug it into. does it matter if its system fan 1, 2 or 3, meaning does it have to be system fan 1? or can it be plugged into any fan port on the motherboard. Or, should it be plugged into "pump fan 1"

Jun 16, 2020
also, does it matter if the 3 fans are plugged into the "led light" pins 1-3. and also plugged into "fan" 1-3, or can they be plugged into led light 1, 3 and 4 or something

The fans can be plugged into any motherboard fan header. They are given names so it helps when setting fan curves in the BIOS or through MSI software.

The aRGB can only connect to an aRGB 3 pin 5V header.

Looking at your mobo manual it doesn't look like ti has a 3 pin aRGB 5V header, but it does have the 4 pin 12 volt RGB header.

Jun 16, 2020
so if i plug in all 3 of my fans into the rgb center with each fan plugged into it with the 3 pin and 4 pin plug, and then plug the one 4 pin header into any "sys fan" port on my motherboard the fans hsould work?
I tried this but it doesn't work.