I am dumb and broke my 700 dollar Dell U2718Q Monitor

riachurules1

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
I ended up breaking quite an expensive monitor (it fell off my desk) and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be cost effective buy a new one, which would suck, or just buy a new screen or whatever. So when the monitor fell, it ended up breaking the screen from the inside. There is no harm done to the outside at all, so i'm guessing that the screen is just very broken from the inside. The whole screen is green, with a long line slash starting in the middle and moves to the right. Above the slash are a lot of horizontal lines. The name of the monitor is Dell U2718Q. It is usually around 700 dollars when it's not on sale. Since it's quite expensive, i thought it might be cheaper to fix just the screen than to buy another 700 dollar monitor, but i don't know. Can someone please tell me? Thanks!

Solution
The cost of repairs is probably 60% to 75% the cost of new, but I have no research to back that. Just educated guess in the cost of parts and the fact that labor is required. The manufacturing process can be automated but the repairs can't.

riachurules1

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

True, but I would still like to know if it would be better to buy a new one or to fix it. XD thanks though.

kanewolf

Titan
The cost of repairs is probably 60% to 75% the cost of new, but I have no research to back that. Just educated guess in the cost of parts and the fact that labor is required. The manufacturing process can be automated but the repairs can't.

Solution