Question I am getting a no post on my first computer build, I am not sure what to do.

May 18, 2020
I just got all my computer parts, and I put them together to make sure they work, but the computer will not boot. The CPU fan isn't spinning. The motherboard RGB is working, though. I am wondering if this is a CPU or motherboard problem.
Parts:
Ryzen 3 3200g CPU
Rx 570 GPU
Asrock Steel Legend B450M mobo
Crucial Ballistix 8gb RAM
EVGA 500 BQ PSU
WD Blue 250gb 7200rpm hard drive
NZXT H510 Case

May 18, 2020
I just got all my computer parts, and I put them together to make sure they work, but the computer will not boot. The CPU fan isn't spinning. The motherboard RGB is working, though. I am wondering if this is a CPU or motherboard problem.
Parts:
Ryzen 3 3200g CPU
Rx 570 GPU
EVGA 500 BQ PSU
NZXT H510 Case

May 18, 2020
Parts:
Ryzen 3 3200g CPU
Rx 570 GPU
EVGA 500 BQ PSU
NZXT H510 Case

May 18, 2020
Make sure the ram is in the proper slot and the cpu fan is properly in the Cpu fan header. Make sure all cords for this next step are properly fitted. Look at the manual of you are even a little bit unsure.

unplug everything except for the 24 pin motherboard plug and the cpu plug. Leave in the ram and make sure it’s in the correct slot. Remove the graphics card and use the port on the motherboard for display instead. Remove the drives as well then retry booting it.

May 18, 2020
I have the test bench set up as only the motherboard, ram, and cpu. The only things that are plugged in are the main power(24-pin) and cpu header. For the Steel Legend, the slots for ram are second and fourth, which are the ones they are in.

USAFRet

Titan
Go through this whole checklist. Tell us where it fails.

May 18, 2020
Go through this troubleshooting checklist and let me know if anything occurs.

May 18, 2020
Go through this troubleshooting checklist and let me know if anything occurs.

The motherboard does not have a light or speaker, I could prob buy one and try to see how that works out.

May 18, 2020
My next attempt would be to remove one stick of ram and leave just one in. Leave it in the 2nd or 4th slot and make sure it’s firmly placed in. One click should be heard from both sides. Leave that stick in and attempt to boot. If that doesn’t work I would reseat the Cpu and reapply the thermal paste.

May 18, 2020
What do you mean..."nothing worked" ?

Starting from the actual plug on the wall...that works, correct?
Now, work your way in until something fails.
What is that thing?
I need to have a speaker or light in order to know what step goes wrong in post. Everything that people have recommended has not fixed the problem, but they have narrowed down the problems.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
I need to have a speaker or light in order to know what step goes wrong in post. Everything that people have recommended has not fixed the problem, but they have narrowed down the problems.

you don't need a speaker or light

If your tried without the GPU installed its because the 3200g is not compatible with your b450 board out of the box

the mobo needs a bios update to work with that CPU

May 18, 2020
you don't need a speaker or light

If your tried without the GPU installed its because the 3200g is not compatible with your b450 board out of the box

the mobo needs a bios update to work with that CPU
On the asrock website they list the steel legend cpu compatibility, and the ryzen 3 3200g is compatible. You can check.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
On the asrock website they list the steel legend cpu compatibility, and the ryzen 3 3200g is compatible. You can check.

of course they are compatible, but its not guaranteed they will be compatible out of the box
the mobo would have had to been manufactured after the 3200g was released, and it would have had to ship with the latest bios already installed

the 3200g was released way after that mobo was released, and there have been several revisions to the bios since then to support the newer CPUs

there are at least 100 threads here with the exact same issue

May 18, 2020
of course they are compatible, but its not guaranteed they will be compatible out of the box
the mobo would have had to been manufactured after the 3200g was released, and it would have had to ship with the latest bios already installed

the 3200g was released way after that mobo was released, and there have been several revisions to the bios since then to support the newer CPUs

Thanks, I will try to update bios. I hope this works.

May 18, 2020
Hi again, I have looked all over, but I cannot find a way to update my BIOS without another CPU. Especially with the Steel Legend, which does not have a button or a dedicated USB bios plug. Could someone informed on the matter explain to me how I could do the BIOS update? Thanks so much.

May 18, 2020
As the title says, I am having trouble with my first computer build. All the parts have come in, but the motherboard doesnt have the right bios update for the steel legend to be compatible with ryzen 3000 series. If anyone knows how to update bios on this specific mobo without a second cpu, I would be grateful.

May 18, 2020

Sorry, but I just looked and the box says Ryzen 3000 series compatible. I believe it is either a motherboard or CPU problem then, most likely CPU, because the fan won't turn on either.