[SOLVED] I am getting Input Delay in NBA 2k19

Mar 2, 2019
So I contacted NBA 2k19 about my Input Delay that I got when moving and shooting in online games. They told me to do "Tracert www.nba2k.com" and when I did that in the "CMD" it said Request Timedout when it got to the "akamaitechnologies.com" part. They told me this is why I am getting INSANE input delay they told me it's my isp's issue and there is nothing they can do. I contacted my ISP and they said it's 2k19's issue. In conclusion I just really want to know if it's my ISP's fault (comcast) or it's 2k19 trying to make me think that they're perfect. and if possible could you guys try to give me some steps to fix this issue.
Thanks,
Boloaz

Solution
It is likely the game company. Timeout does not cause delay it causes it to not work at all if it was real. It means you can not communicate with the server at all. This generally is caused by a firewall in the path.

This is why you can't blindly use commands without some understanding of what you are doing. Run tracert to some common ip like 8.8.8.8

What you are looking for is high delays to hops in the path....like over a couple 100ms. The delays maybe intermittent so you may have to run the command mulitple times to see anything.

Even if you find something there is little you can do. Hop1 is to your router so issues here are inside your house. Hop2 is the connection between your house and the ISP and the ISP can...
It is likely the game company. Timeout does not cause delay it causes it to not work at all if it was real. It means you can not communicate with the server at all. This generally is caused by a firewall in the path.

This is why you can't blindly use commands without some understanding of what you are doing. Run tracert to some common ip like 8.8.8.8

What you are looking for is high delays to hops in the path....like over a couple 100ms. The delays maybe intermittent so you may have to run the command mulitple times to see anything.

Even if you find something there is little you can do. Hop1 is to your router so issues here are inside your house. Hop2 is the connection between your house and the ISP and the ISP can fix these. Hops farther into the trace you can do less about. It could be for example between your ISP and the another ISP.

Delays in games are caused by many things it is unfortunate that the game like to blame the network when many times it is poor game code.

Solution
Mar 2, 2019
When I did a tracert to 8.8.8.8 I got one request timed out at "as15133-3-c.nota.fl.ibone.comcast.net" could this be why I am delaying? Should I contact comast about that Time out?

Some people don't get Input Delay some do. Are these people not getting it just lucky?

Last edited:
Again it is important to understand what these commands really test.

Lets say the node lost all the traffic then nothing would work at all. This means this is not really a valid thing. It can be caused by many things but routers in the path are designed to spend their cpu actually passing traffic they will delay responding to ping or tracert so they do not delay real traffic.

A actual problem will show issues starting in one hop and affect everyone past it. So if hop 5 is delaying traffic 100ms extra every node past hop5 would also have that extra 100ms.

Mar 2, 2019
I also get time outs on akamai on fortnite's epicgames website is my internet <<Inappropriate language removed by moderator>> or is that just how akamai is

Last edited by a moderator: