Question I am getting massive FPS lag spikes very often on Rainbow Six Siege on my gaming rig, but I don't get any on my $500 gaming laptop.

MCHallow

Commendable
Dec 9, 2019
Hi, as said in the title, my PC which cost well over $1,000 gets major lag spikes in R6s, The specs are shown below
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
GTX 1080
500gb m.2 ssd (OS and siege installed on this)
512 gb ssd
2tb hdd
3000mhz 2x8gb ddr4 ram
b450 tomahawk motherboard
I do get good FPS when it is not lagging, but I get lag spikes way too often to enjoy playing, I've tried turning the settings down but it doesn't work. I do find this very funny because I just bought a laptop with a GTX 1050 and a ryzen 5 cpu, the FPS isn't as high as my desktop PC, but the FPS is way more stable on my laptop than my pc, any suggestions?
This is only an issue with siege, no other games.

MCHallow

Commendable
Dec 9, 2019
Update: I did run task manager, and for some reason my GPU usage is very high, (80%+) and I don't know why, it was previously overclocked and used for bitcoin mining a couple years ago, but if its my GPU, that would be incredibly surprising.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Update: I did run task manager, and for some reason my GPU usage is very high, (80%+) and I don't know why, it was previously overclocked and used for bitcoin mining a couple years ago, but if its my GPU, that would be incredibly surprising.

I wouldn't be too concerned about your GPU usage being high. It just means its working as intended as far as I understand it. If your CPU was showing high usage rates it would be an entirely different story, since a low performing CPU will bottleneck the GPU. You are the second guy in the last few days to complain about Siege. Was there a recent patch update with this game?

MCHallow

Commendable
Dec 9, 2019
I wouldn't be too concerned about your GPU usage being high. It just means its working as intended as far as I understand it. If your CPU was showing high usage rates it would be an entirely different story, since a low performing CPU will bottleneck the GPU. You are the second guy in the last few days to complain about Siege. Was there a recent patch update with this game?
I don't believe so, this has been happening for about a month now and it gives me less and less of a motivation to play siege on that desktop